Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting my bags packed




Hello again everyone. Yet again a long lull between posts, I know. June became just as busy as May did, and has quickly passed. It was a wonderful month, filled with baby showers, Doctor appointments and lots of time with family. Not to mention continued work on getting ready for our little lady, so much work for such a little person. The beginning of the month I had my 2nd baby shower, which was put on by my friends.
It was very nice, my friends did a great job and it was nice to see some out of town friends. After this baby shower we really started working on the baby's room, since we now needed places to put everything.
We decided to make some things for the room, the storage boxes on the wall Mike made and I decorated.. I don't think I knew what I was taking on.
But it was a nice project for us both. We recently added the shelve for stuffed animals and pictures, as well as the last of the decorations, like the flower, and butterfly coat hanger. My aunt made the cute pooh memory board, which I'm super excited to fill with pictures. And my super creative sister made the name sign....

We ended the month with our 3rd Baby Shower, put on for me by my sister. She was in town for 4 days, and it was great to spend so much time with her. She threw a wonderful family baby shower for me, and was a great hostess.
I'm not sure how I can live up to throwing her a baby shower after all she did for me. She also took the time to take maternity pictures for me.
She is a great photographer, believe me check out her blog veldmanphoto.blogspot.com .

So we now have the nursery done, are done with baby showers, all we need now is baby. We have had to go back to the specialist to begin monitoring her growth, we see the Doctor and the Ultrasound tech every week now, and I've been on physical activity smack down (though thank the Lord it's not bed rest, I would go insane).
Heres the pics from two weeks ago.

So really even thought it is early still every week is a milestone, and at any time they can decide that she really needs to come. We have no concerns that her coming early will at all be a problem for her. All of the doctors we have are wonderful, like I said we see them a lot, so we trust in what they do for us. We feel very positive about the support we have, and the people who are caring for us, which in turn helps us to feel nothing but positive about the outcomes that lie ahead. But needless to say my bags are ready, and we are just trying to stay prepared for anything at this point. We will keep you all updated on the progress of our lifes, and our little angel, which seems to be the focus of our life right now anyways.
A big hi to my mom who's waited patiently to see pictures. Besides I know my aunt will want this pictures of her, so cute mama. Thanks for all your help.

No comments: